iWeek is South Africa’s leading annual Internet industry conference, and has been held each year since 2001.
iWeek brings together all of South Africa’s major Internet organisations for a series of presentations, panel discussions, workshops, training sessions and social events. The iWeek co-hosts are:
- Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
- Internet Exchange – South Africa (INX-ZA)
- ZA Central Registry (ZACR)
In addition, a number of partners are supporting iWeek 2015 by facilitating content or hosting events, including:
- Wireless Access Providers’ Association (WAPA)
- Internet Society (ISOC Global, ISOC-ZA, ISOC-Gauteng)
- ZA Domain Name Authority (ZADNA)
- Wi-Fi Forum SA
- South African Communications Forum (SACF)
- Foundation for Internet Development (FID)
- Investing in the Development of Enterprise Advancement (IDEA)
- Film and Publications Board (FPB)
- Department of Telecommunications and Postal Services (DTPS)
- Telkom Wholesale
Each year, iWeek covers a range of topics of relevance to the South African Internet industry, including:
- Internet policy and regulation in South Africa
- Trends in fixed line and wireless Internet services
- Global Internet governance developments
- Domain name developments (globally and for .ZA)
- Internet exchange points
- Combating spam
- ISP best practices
- Internet industry trends
- Broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE)
This year’s program continues iWeek’s strong focus on skills development, with a number of sessions covering topics of interests to ISP staff at all levels. The major participants at iWeek each year are ISP and WISP representatives, managers, staff, and business owners. In addition, iWeek also attracts a broad selection of Internet governance stakeholders, including hardware vendors, representatives from non-profit organisations working in the Internet space, and important government representatives.
iWeek offers a unique opportunity for equipment vendors, wholesale Internet service providers, and providers of ISP support services to meet with representatives from Internet companies. There are a number of sponsorship opportunities available to either put you on the map or to position your organisation as an active player in the Internet industry. As well as a selection of general event sponsorship opportunities, iWeek has a number of cost-effective tables available at the conference venue for the duration of the event.
As always, attendance at iWeek is entirely free. If you can’t personally make it this year, please consider sending one of your staff members to represent your company and make the most of this opportunity to network with folks from the ISP industry.